Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Oprah Winfrey show- born in the wrong body, did anyone see this episode of O, 10 points for best

Did anyone see this episode of the Oprah show where they had people who talked about them wanting to be the oppiste gender, they had one boy names Jake on the show who was raised as a girl named I think the name he said was Julie, and he had breasts and he had surgery for them to remove his breasts, he said he felt like a girl in a boys;s body, they showed pictures of him when he was little in dresses as a girl and he talked to Oprah about stuff and they also had a girl on the show who talked about stuff, and I wanna say I feel sorry for those people because I can relate to them, I am not transgendered but when I was little I loved girl's toys like the barbe doll, I only liked that because of the hair that was on the doll since I am the type of person who loves keeping my hair clean and conditioned and since I love hair, anyway I am keeping a lot of details out of this question because I really want you to see this episode of Oprah, you can check to see what time it comes on where are



The Oprah Winfrey show- born in the wrong body, did anyone see this episode of O, 10 points for best answer.?

I saw the show and I think that Jake and Angelica were very brave to go on the show and tell their story. I was happy to see that Jake's mom was so accepting of him and his decision to change from a girl into a boy. It seems most family members want nothing to do with the transgendered childand no longer accept the child. Angelica had to keep her wish to be female a secret for quite awhile and that had to be difficult for her. But Jake and Angelica both seemed to be much happier now and that's great!



I hope there are more shows like this, so other kids can freely let people know who they really are and to change their anatomy with more acceptance from family, friends and strangers alike.



I've taken many psychology classes and I remember my professor saying that being gay or transgendered is a difference in the biological makeup of a human being. It is a scientific fact. Sexual abuse can play a role in this, but there is a biological difference already there in hormones and possibly neurotransmitters in the brain that contribute to it. It's not usually a choice, which many ignorant people seem to think, like they're going against society or God on purpose. Not so.



I applaud the young people that were on Oprah today and I hope it helps other people who are transgendered realize that they are not alone and they are justified in wanting to change their gender and it's OK. God bless them.



Thanks.



The Oprah Winfrey show- born in the wrong body, did anyone see this episode of O, 10 points for best answer.?

I feel sorry for people like that because other people blow them off and think they are crazy, when all they need is for some one to understand what they are going through. It's normal to feel like that when your little, it's like wondering what it would be like to be Queen of England for example. I did not see the show but I have seen a lot of shows that deal with the topic and there was a special done on HBO a couple years ago. This woman wanted to and did become a man. It was very upsetting to watch their own families turn their backs on them.



The Oprah Winfrey show- born in the wrong body, did anyone see this episode of O, 10 points for best answer.?

i saw the show. i am really glad that she did a show on it, so that it is more out in the open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish