Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

My hair is naturally black. I just tried to dye it red/auburn, but it didn't work. It's my first time dying it. I did what the box told me, I put the paste stuff on my hair, I sat and waited for an hour... but my hair is still pure jet black. How come it never worked? Is it because this is my first time?



Oh and, the hair dye is non-permanent hair dye.



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

I believe if your hair is that dark, you need to bleach it before dying it.



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

black hair is nearly impossible to dye.... you are basically putting color on what you already have and if you put sumthing on black it wont show...



the only thing i would suggest is getting a color MUCH lighter than you want... that might be enough to take your hair a lil lighter and reddish



also the semi perminant does have soemthing to do with it...



you will definately need a perminant dye for anything to happen



you might need to go to a stylist for help if you are new to dying hair



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

u need a stronger peroxide



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

The colour wasn't strong eonough for your hair. You should get it professionally stripped ( don't just bleach it as your hair can and will fall out) and then put a colour over the top, otherwise you could try a permanent hair colour and leave it on longer than it says howver you have to wait at least a week or you willstress your hair and cause it to break



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

yeah, i tried that too, and i have jet black hair. and it didn't work very well. it sometimes shows in the sunlight, btu that's it.



the darker your hair, the more difficult it is to dye it with the least possible damage.



u will need to use permanent dye.



it's not because of it being the first time.



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

You have to bleach it first, I'm an Asian with blonde hair. I had to leave my peroxide on for about 60-90 minutes. Because, black is the darkest color, you WILL not be able to just dye it simply, it needs to be weakened to a lighter color. I recommend going to the hair salon and getting it proffesionally done especially if you have never seen anyone do it before.



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

I'm no expert, so please check this out first. I think because it is non permanent hair dye, it probably does not have any peroxide. Peroxide bleeds out your natural color from the hair and then the dye color redeposits where the natural color used to be. (That's what my friend, a hairdresser, told me years ago) Most, if not all, haircolors have a phone number you can call on the box or listed on the instructions. Call that number, they can tell you more.



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

Your hair probably is reddish, but you won't see it until you're in the sunlight or intense light.



Your hair is very dark, therefore it cannot grab the colour. Your base colour will be the black. What you will see is a red sheen or highlight to the hair.



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

Unfortunatly you will need to find a hair dying product that will work on dark hair, often red or auburn such as you used will not work on such dark hair as i have tried it before. Next time leave it in over time than the instructions say, it should help to keep it in. Also I doubt using a non-permanent dye would work either so try a permanent dye and if it doesnt work you can always dye it back. Try these sites-



http://www.lorealparis.com/home.html



www.sephora.com.au



I just dyed my hair auburn.... how come the color isn't showing?

it's hard to colour the jet black hair. Especially if you do it at home... and the colour that you used it non-permanent... it wont show anything to your hair.... unless you have light hair colour.



But you can try to colour it again with permanent colour, and follow the instruction....



tip: buy the bright auburn colour, so when you apply it to your black hair,it still show the colour... it wont be too bright...



Or, You better go to professional salon to colour your hair.



Because hair dresser know to achieve the colour that you want, and they have special trick to do it....



But don't bleach your hair, unless you want very2 bright colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish